Laws of the tournament
The games will be played under current Laws of the game of Rugby Union, as guided by the International Rugby Board (“IRB”) and by the Mini Variations applying to Under 16.
U16 – Player must have been born on or after 1st June 2001. For any queries or disputes, please approach the Director of Sport.
U19 – Player must have been born on or after 1st June 1998. For any queries or disputes, please approach the Director of Sport.
Composition of teams
Teams may assemble squads of up to 14 players.
Teams may not have more than 7 players on the field during play at any one time.
Teams will comprise of 3 forwards and 4 backs.
We hope that all coaches and players respect the age groups rules.
Unlimited interchange of players is permitted. Entry onto the field is to be via the referee.
Points will be awarded as follows:
- 4 points for a win, a walk-over or a bye.
- 2 points for a draw
- 1 point for a loss
In the event of a walk-over, the score will be deemed to be 2 converted tries to 0 in favour of the side that was ready to play. The Ground Marshal shall determine when a side is more than three minutes late in being on the field ready to play, in which case a walk over shall be awarded.
Where teams are equal on points at the end of the pool stage, the position shall be determined as follows:
- Head to head; if equal; then;
- In points difference in the pool; if equal, then;
- In points scored in the pool; if equal, then;
- In tries scored in the pool; if equal then;
- In the number of tries scored in the match(es) between them; if equal, or if more than 2 teams, then;
- The team that scored first in the first match between them; if no score, or if more than 2 teams, then;
- the team with the best disciplinary record throughout the tournament to date as determined by the Director of Sport (a red card shall be considered equivalent to three yellow cards), if equal, then best of three coin toss between team Captains presided over by the Director of Sport.
For Finals, in case of a draw score line at the end of the game:
– An extra 3 minutes will be played. The team who scores the first points within extra time scored will be declared the winner and full time is called. If the scores are still locked at the end of the extra time, then; the team that scored the first points in normal time will be declared the winner: if there was no score in normal time.