Rules of play – All FIFA rules and regulations are in force as applicable for 11-a-side.
1. Number of participants
- 11 players on the pitch at any one time, unlimited substitutes.
- 2 coaches
- the pitch size will be full size as per regulation 11-a-side football
- all pitches used will be the same size
- the goal size will be full size as per regulation 11-a-side football
3. The tournament will be played over one day, with a round robin format.
4. All matches will consist of 1 period of 25 minutes
5. 3 points for a win; 1 point for a draw
If teams are tied on points scored at the end of the round robin stage their position will be decided by:
- head to head
- goals difference between tied teams
- goals scored between tied teams
- goals against between tied teams
- once a tie-break has been resolved additional ties will be resolved in the same format using the same sequence of procedures beginning with the head to head result
6. Kick-offs are indirect
7. Rolling subs
- Yellow card – if a player gets a 2nd yellow card they miss the next match.
- Red card – if received, the player automatically misses the following match. The Tournament Director has the authority to suspend the player for the remainder of the tournament if deemed necessary.
The Tournament Director also has the right to rescind a yellow or red card at their discretion.
9. If playoff games are tied and teams have not previously played then the game will go to penalties.
U16 – Player must have been born on or after 1st June 2001. For any queries or disputes, please approach the Director of Sport.
U18 – Player must have been born on or after 1st June 1999. For any queries or disputes, please approach the Director of Sport.